Recipe and Photo by Joanne Schneider of @nourishedbodyandmindPrint
Cauliflower, Quinoa, Sweet Potato Salad with Herby Lemon Dressing
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 60
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Bake + Chop
- Cuisine: Californian
- 1 Head of Cauliflower – Broken into florets
- 1 Can Chickpeas – Rinsed and drained
- 1 Sweet Potato – Cubed
- 1 Cup Quinoa – Cooked
- 1 Apple – Chopped
- Sprinkle Turmeric
- Sprinkle Paprika
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil (ideally spray version)
- 1 Handful Fresh Basil
- 1 Handful Fresh Parsley
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 TBSP Olive OIl
- 1 TBSP Nutritional Yeast
- Salt to Taste
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cut florets of 1 head of cauliflower. Spray lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with turmeric and paprika. Place on a lined baking sheet. Add one can of drained chickpeas, sprayed lightly with olive oil.
- Wash and cut 1 sweet potato into 1-inch cubes. Spray lightly with olive oil and add to a 2nd line baking sheet.
- Place both baking sheets in the oven and roast veggies for 45 minutes turning halfway through.
- While they’re roasting prepare one cup of quinoa per package directions
- Now it’s time to make the dressing: Add 2 hands full of fresh herbs to a food processor. I used basil and parsley. Then add the juice of one lemon, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Process until smooth and add more olive oil as desired and add salt to taste
- Once all your components are completed let them cool, add to your pop bowls with 1/4 chopped apple (this recipe made 4 bowls). Save in the fridge until you’re ready to use, pop, dress, shake and enjoy!
Keywords: cauliflower, sweet potato, chickpeas, apple, nutritional yeast, basil, parsley, lemon, herbs, healthy, salad