Easy Cheeseburger Salad
Satisfy those cheeseburger cravings with this delicious and hearty salad!
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
For the salad:
- 4 cups mixed lettuce, chopped
- 1 lb ground hamburger (I use 85/15)*
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese, grated (I use extra sharp)**
- A handful of dill pickles, quartered
- Thousand Island dressing***
- Optional toppings: croutons, bacon bits, etc.
For the croutons:
- 4–6 slices of your favorite bread, hamburger or hot dog buns
- Oil spray (I use avocado oil)
- Optional spices: Italian seasoning, garlic powder, parsley, thyme, or oregano
To make the salad:
- Heavily season the ground beef with salt and pepper. Saute it until it’s cooked all the way through. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, pickles, cheese and ground beef after it’s cooled. Mix everything together. Drizzle with dressing right before you serve and top with any additional toppings
To make the croutons:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bread into 1 inch cubes and place them in a bowl. Spray the pieces with your oil spray until they’re completely coated.
- Sprinkle these pieces with salt and any other spices to your liking. Mix everything together and pour onto your prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until the croutons are slightly brown. When done, let them sit for a few minutes to harden as they cool.
Thank you Caitlin Monson for the delicious Easy Cheeseburger Salad recipe!
For more of Caitlin’s recipes check out her food blog Kalefornia Kravings at http://kaleforniakravings.com/
Keywords: burger bowl, cheeseburger, cheeseburger bowl, cheeseburger in a bowl, cheeseburger salad, easy, healthy