KALE, FARRO & CHICKEN SALAD
From Yasmine, “I Iove kale, chicken, and farro so I decided to make a salad with these ingredients.”
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 65
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chop
- Cuisine: Italian
For the Salad
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed & roughly chopped
- 1 bunch of lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup raw almonds roughly chopped
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/2 cup parmesan slices
- 1 cup cooked farro
- 2 chicken breasts, roughly chopped
For the Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For the Farro
- 1 cup farro
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt to taste
For the chicken breast marinade
- 2 organic chicken breast
- 1 cup Lawry’s Mesquite with Lime marinade
- First off, I marinated two chicken breasts with Lawry’s Mesquite with lime marinade for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, I make the farro. In a medium sauce pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil then add one cup of farro grains and toss around for 2 minutes. Make sure to get this farro, which cooks in 10 minutes. Add the 2 cups of chicken broth and bring to a boil then lower the heat to medium-low and allow it to simmer until the broth is fully absorbed and farro is fluffy. Feel free to add some salt to taste and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients and set aside. Grill the chicken breasts until cooked through and slice.
- Wash and prep all the salad ingredients and place in a large bowl. Add the cooked farro and grilled chicken. Pour on the balsamic vinaigrette and toss everything together. Enjoy!
Thank you Yasmine Wahab for the delicious Kale, Farro, and CHicken Salad recipe!
For more of Yasmine’s recipes check out her food blog Whisk N Whip.
Keywords: Salad, farro, chicken, apples, kale, lettuce, almonds, parmesan, balsamic dressing, healthy,