Healthy Italian Sub Salad
This refreshing salad is packed full of all your favorite Italian sub sandwich ingredients! It’s then tossed in a zesty red wine vinaigrette and served with crunchy garlic bread on the side!
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chop
- Cuisine: Italian
For the salad:
- 6 cups lettuce, chopped (romaine, green leaf, iceberg, etc.)
- ½ lb. deli turkey, rolled & chopped (or any kind of deli meat)
- ½ lb. salami, chopped
- ¾ cup sliced swiss cheese, chopped (or any kind of sliced cheese)
- 2 large vine tomatoes, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup pepperoncini, chopped
For the Italian vinaigrette:
- 3 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps red wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sprinkle of salt, to taste
To make the Italian vinaigrette:
- Place all vinaigrette ingredients in a small jar. Shake it and set it aside until your ready to use it.
To make the salad:
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour your vinaigrette over the top and toss it all together until it’s evenly coated.
Thank you Caitlin Monson for the delicious Healthy Italian Sub Salad recipe!
For more of Caitlin’s recipes check out her food blog Kalefornia Kravings at http://kaleforniakravings.com/
Keywords: chopped salad, dressing, easy, garlic bread, gluten free, healthy, Italian, Italian vinaigrette, red wine vinaigrette, salad, sub in a tub, sub salad