Recipe and Photo by Laura of @healthymadewellPrint
Festive Winter Salad
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
For the Crunchy Chickpeas:
- 1 small can of chickpeas
- 1–2 tbsp avocado oil
- Sprinkle with a bit of garlic and herb seasoning, turmeric, sea salt and black pepper.
For the salad:
- 2 cups of greens (arugula, baby spinach, Romaine lettuce)
- 1/4 a persimmon, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- A few slices of English cucumber
- One carrot, sliced into strips using a vegetable peeler
- 1/3 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- A few pieces of thinly sliced fennel
For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas
- Spread the chickpeas out on the baking sheet and drizzle with the avocado oil, and sprinkle with all of the seasonings. Toss gently so that the chickpeas are evenly coated. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, gently shaking the baking sheet every 10 minutes to move around the chickpeas.
- Remove from oven. Use these to top your salad.
- Time-saving tip: While the chickpeas are roasting, assemble the salad & make the vinaigrette.
- Place the greens in your Popbowl.
- Top greens with persimmons, pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds, fennel, cucumber, carrots, and chickpeas.
- In the Popbowl dressing container, combine the extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, and season with salt & pepper. Seal with the lid, then shake well until combined. You can place the dressing container into the Popbowl. Cover with lid.
- When you are ready to enjoy, pour the dressing over the salad. Seal with the lid, & shake.
Keywords: Salad, winter salad, persimmons, pomegranates, pepitas, carrots, cucumbers, chickpeas, fennel, healthy,